May Features Update
If you’ve followed up on Platform.sh news recently you may have seen it’s been quite a wild ride recently. Magento Commerce chose us to power and operate their new Cloud platform and we signed exclusive deals with Orange Business Services and Microsoft Azure to propose a sovereign hosting option with our incredible feature-set to their clients in France and Germany.
But that didn’t stop us from working on our core product… over the past couple of months we worked hard to squeeze more performance but also improve the overall robustness of Platform.sh not only for our Enterprise customers that already enjoy a 99.99% uptime guarantee but also for our profesionnal customers.
And if this is not enough .. we had time to release a bunch of new features and enhancements. The following is not even the complete list, just some highlights so you can see what has been happening.
The Web Interface
Much has been improved over the last month or so and Aaron who has been doing much of the heavy lifting has written a specific blog post but here are some of the recent changes:
- Legible Log Window ! In the activity log of the web interface, instead of a rediculously small pop-up you can now see in glorious detail the log of what an environment just did.
- Better error messages when you visit a project that does not exist, or that you do not have access to.
- Many accessibility fixes (tab accesibility, markup correction and contrast adjustments)
PHP and NodeJS Runtimes
We usually don’t say much about these .. as runtimes are continuously updated (security updates happen on-the-fly) and we make sure this stays transparent to our users (as much as softwarely possible we don’t introduce breaking changes…) but here are some highlights from the previous weeks:
- NodeJS 6.2 is now available, 4.4.x and 0.12.x were updated to their latest version
- Subversion and Mercurial CLI tools are now included in the environment**
- PHP 5.6.x and PHP 7.x and HHVM were updated to their latest versions (duh)
- composer has been upgraded to 1.1.1 and blackfire-php to its latest version (1.10.6)
- The composer build flavor now pre-warms the composer cache before executing composer (faster fastness).
- Various image processing packages were added: advancecomp, jpegoptim, libjpeg-turbo-progs, optipng, pngcrush
- We fixed and issue with non-ASCII characters in project paths a build move failure on non-existent destination directory and a symlink moving issue during build
- And of course all the security updates … (imagetragick, the glibc issue, various Java, OpenSSL and OpenSSH issues, some Git CLI vulnerabilities)
- Adapt activity commands to show all environments’ activities with –all (-a)
- Adapt tables to the terminal width
- Allow nested property access (separated by .) in various commands
- Filter projects by region hostname with
project:list --host <hostname>
- Separate integration commands for more readable output:
- integrations is now aliased to a new command, integration:list
- integration:get now only shows details for an integration, instead of listing integrations (it now requires a second argument)
- integration:get now has a –property (-P) option and more consistent formatting
- Remove –build option for branch
- Add –no-backup option to the legacy-migrate command