Platform.sh is a groundbreaking hosting and development tool for web applications. We’re a European startup with a host of blue-chip Enterprise clients and a string of awards and grants (including around €2m from the EU Horizon 2020 program). Now it’s time to reinforce our technical prowess with marketing know-how to help us take on the rapidly growing Cloud Hosting market in Germany. If you’re looking for an exciting, high-growth opportunity with a young, cutting-edge company this could be just the job for you.
Job Summary / Purpose
Leading all local/German marketing activities, campaigns, events and communications for our revolutionary second-generation PaaS hosted offering in order to generate new business and optimise existing customer sales. The Marketing Manager ensures that all local marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals. Platform.sh is a young company and as we grow you will have every opportunity to grow too, with the potential for greater responsibility and promotion.
- Researching and monitoring marketing and competitor activity. Use research and analysis to develop a marketing plan that is aligned to the company’s marketing strategy and appropriate to the German Market. Be responsible for refining the core positioning and messaging for our portfolio within the German market.
- Project managing all marketing activities on the plan, reviewing and reporting on progress as required, managing risks and issues in order to achieve/exceed lead generation targets.
- Working with partners, securing and growing Marketing co-funding and cooperation.
- Planning, organizing and executing events and campaigns focusing on maximising lead generation. Reviewing the effectiveness of marketing activities and events.
- Managing follow up activities that arise from events including lead generation, involving sales managers as appropriate.
- Responsible for managing and maximising leads generated from Platform.sh’s German digital presence: website, newsletters, social media & webinars
- Working with internal and external counterparts to create press releases, cases studies and white papers; building and managing relationships with Germany-based bloggers and journalists.
- Developing marketing tools and collateral (with a particular emphasis on German Language collateral) to ensure materials remain current, competitive and customer focused.
- Training and developing new members of the sales, pre-sales & marketing teams on marketing strategy, plans, and competitor activities etc.
- Sales Orientation – is commercially astute. Ensures promotional/marketing activity identifies opportunities to grow the sales funnel and increase sales in a customer-focused manner.
- Creativity – has creative flair. Is able to come up with new and original ideas that are commercially viable.
- Organisation, planning and time management – is able to juggle multiple responsibilities, tasks and projects. Is able to delegate where appropriate and manage time effectively. Never misses a deadline.
- Attention to detail – has an ability to identify all errors in order to achieve exceptional levels of accuracy and a professional finish to all marketing materials.
- Communication: Is able to professionally and confidently communicate to customers, suppliers, cross-department team members etc. in both German and English language. Excellent written and presentation skills, with an ability to generate engaging and fit for purpose marketing materials. Is a good listener and is able to flex communication style to the audience.
- Teamworking – is able to collaborate effectively across departments and geographies in order to deliver plans and objectives. Supports others in the achievement of company wide objectives.
- Influencing & relationship building – has the confidence and credibility to make suggestions based on functional knowledge and experience. Able to influence cross-functional teams and customers alike without formal authority. Connects at all levels – customers, team members, senior managers – to deliver results. Uses exceptional relationship building to effectively network with customers, prospects and partners.
Essential Experience and Knowledge
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in marketing management including researching competitor activity, the development and execution of marketing plans,
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Apps and online marketing tools e.g. Salesforce, Social Media, website & newsletter publishing tools, webinar tools etc.
- Proven experience achieving/exceeding lead generation targets
- Experience in PR desirable, writing press releases, managing journalist/blogger relations.
- Startup/technology background desirable
- Strong knowledge of software/technology sector, particularly hosting, PaaS and agile development processes an advantage.
- Start: April 2016
- Based in Cologne, Germany. Some home office/remote working an option
- Must be able to travel
- Desired – Bachelor/Masters degree or Diploma in Business Studies/Sales/Marketing-related fields (upper second or higher).
Competitive package with base salary and profit/performance-related bonus, benefits as agreed.
Online interview, telephone interview, meetings with Germany team & CCO.
To apply write to email@example.com with the title Germany Marketing Manager, including a cover letter, CV and examples of your work up to this point.