When Platform.sh acquired Blackfire.io, as announced in our previous blog post, the two teams began reviewing and merging our policies and processes to align Platform’s overall posture and practices.
Terms of Service
After reviewing Blackfire’s Terms of Services, we have decided to redesign Platform.sh Terms of Service into 4 main sections:
- General terms applicable to all services
- Hosting Services Terms
- Blackfire Service Terms (new, based on Blackfire’s Terms of Service)
- Acceptable Use Policy
We have also made the updates listed below
- In the General Terms section:
- Addition of wording about feedback
- Addition of wording about beta features
- In the Hosting Service Terms section:
- Addition of license to reproduce customer content only on or in conjunction with the provision of the hosting services
- Removal of service credit for Professional tiers
- Addition of reversibility of customer content
- Addition of Blackfire Service Terms
What does this mean for Blackfire.io customers?
Terms of Services
While there is no change to the price and the scope of the Blackfire Service, the General Terms under which the Blackfire Service is provided have been updated to align with Platform.sh policies and terms. We encourage you to read the updated Terms as your continued use of the Blackfire Service after the changes have been made will constitute your acceptance of the updated Terms.