SaaS on Platform.sh
How can I offer my web app as a SaaS product?
SaaS offers your customers a lot of advantages...
Let's discuss single-tenant vs multi-tenant.
How can I get the advantages of multi-tenant for my
Case study: Open Social
- Drupal distro for community groups
- Customers have their own instances
- Customers don't get server access
Open Social SaaS
- Open Social built their own management tool
- Uses Platform.sh APIs internally
- They didn't even talk to us!
- It was that easy
- Every customer has their own SaaS instance
- Every customer has their own Platform.sh project
- They just don't know, or care
The vendor, however, can use the PaaS backend for
update management and customizations.
- Open Social manages the code
- It's all "just git", so easily automated
The vendor gets the benefit of our multi-tenant cloud while keeping single-tenant application architecture.